Pages

Saturday 25 May 2013

The Eight Hour Diet.

I've recently been hitting the gym and I decided that outing this effort in I should also change my diet slightly, but I wasn't sure how. Whilst waiting for my boyfriend to have his hair cut –incredibly bored may I add- I picked up the Sun Newspaper. Flicking through the pages I came across ‘The Eight Hour Diet’ and it looked really interesting. I've only been doing it for a week so I don’t have any results to share but I just thought you might like to hear about it! Unfortunately I couldn't take the paper so I found the same diet on the Marie Claire website.
The theory behind this diet is that only eating food during a set eight-hour time period gives our bodies a chance to reset and in turn a chance to process nutrients and properly get rid of toxins like it’s supposed to. It’s a way of extending the period between your last snack and your breakfast giving the body the chance to burn away your fat stores for the energy it needs.

It does make some ambitious claims that it can burn about 10lbs in one week, but after this one week it depletes and you can burn up to 20lbs in six weeks. Another great thing about this is you can choose any eight hour period that you want, so you can fit it around the eating habits that you already have. As I am slightly naughty and always skip breakfast I chose to start eating at 11 o'clock and to stop at 7, this really suits be as I am quite a late eater as I usually eat with my parents.

Drinks are not completely banned during the eight hours either, water, tea and coffee are allowed but you should try to limit the amount of sugars you have! This is probably what I find the hardest as I love Pear drop flavoured squash but this is not allowed as there is way too much sugar!

You can eat what you want during these eight hours –try to do this in moderation though!- which is the great freedom of the diet, but you should try to have at least two of the eight power foods that were listed in the newspaper. First up we have ‘The fat busters’, Turkey, eggs, other lean meats, nuts, dairy –especially yoghurts- and beans. The second group is ‘The health boosters’ this consists of berries, fruits, green vegetables, wholegrain breads, cereals and oatmeal.

Something else that shown to be very beneficial is eight minutes of exercise when you first wake up should be enough to start of your metabolism off for the rest of the day. I am not currently doing this as I am using the gym a few times a week, but I will be starting as I am using the school’s gym for free but I am finishing sixth form completely this week so I will no longer have access to this!

The cherry on the cake is that you do not have to do this every day, as long as you follow these rules at least three times a week you will see results! Which is fantastic in my opinion, but I am trying to do this every week day and having a break on the weekend.

If you have any other questions leave them below and I can answer them, also if you know of any other good diets, let me know! Thanks for reading, becciixx.

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Amazing post! I followed you back on bloglovin.
    I also follow you on gfc! Hope you'll follow back!

    pashionality.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting - to be honest I am not really sure if this will work for me, but let us know how it goes for you!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting, i'll check back about this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonder if it does anything!

    xoxo
    fashionable-addict

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post is simply amazing! Loves it! I'm now subscribing to your blog on my google reader!

    Please check out my blog when you get a chance.

    http://www.goodbadandfab.com
    a fashion lawyer by day, fashion police by night...I play at red carpet events, shop all over town, and live life in the fab lane in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. \lOVE IT !Do you wanna follow each other? I love your blog, so I would love to visit you often! xoxo ;* www.ourloveourpassion.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete